Sydney University Graduate Choir
LA BELLE EPOQUE: A FRENCH CHORAL ADVENTURE
La Belle Epoque was the golden age of French creativity. The Sydney University Graduate Choir is delighted to present a performance of choral music of this era, accompanied by full orchestra, soloists and the organ of the Great Hall, Sydney University.
The program showcases the moving Requiem by Saint-Saëns, Franck’s Psalm 150, and the justly famous Pavane by Fauré. A highlight of the concert will be a performance of composer Christopher Bowen’s, Démocratie, Aurthur Rimbaud’s 19th century prose-poem that reflects the tensions and drama of our current world politics. Bowen invites the listener into a world of witty satire and political provocation in a unique musical setting. Marketing the 25th anniversary of Christopher Bowen’s as Music Director of the Choir, this concert is not to be missed.
WHEN: 3:00pm, Sunday, 21 May 2017
WHERE: The Great Hall, Sydney University
Music Director: Christopher Bowen OAM
Soloists: Elke Hook (Soprano), Barbara Jin (Alto), Andrew Goodwin (Tenor), Simon Lobelson (Bass)
Organist: Peter Kneeshaw
Démocratie - Christopher Bowen
Requiem - Camille Saint-Saëns
Psalm 150 - César Franck
Pavane - Gabriel Fauré
$50 Adults; $45 Full Pensioners (Not seniors cards); $25 Full time students and children under 16 years.
TICKETS: Seymour Centre Box Office – ph 02 9351 7950 or https://www.seymourcentre.com/events/event/la-belle-epoque/
WIN A DOUBLE PASS TO LA BELLE EPOQUE
Fish Fine Music Newsletter subscribers have an exclusive chance to win a double pass to the concert. To enter, tell us 15 words or less what you favourite French Classical item is! Email your answer to email@example.com including your name, suburb and email address. The most creative entry will win two adult tickets, valued at $50 each, to La Belle Epoque. All entries will be added to the Sydney University Graduate Choir email subscriber list. The competition closes on Sunday May 14th.
Competition Terms and Conditions:
- 1)The competition opens on Friday 5th May and closes on Sunday 14th May 2017.
- 2)Taking part in this competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- 3)The promoter of the competition is The Sydney University Graduate Choir, ABN number 77 480 869 744.
- 4)Entry is open to all residents of New South Wales who hold a valid email account and subscribe to the Fish Fine Records Newsletter Mailing list.
- 5)Entry is not open to Fish Fine Records salary staff, contractors or their families, or Sydney University Graduate Choir choristers, volunteers or their families.
- 6)There is one prize of two adult tickets for the La Belle Epoque Concert, performed by the Sydney University Graduate Choir on Sunday 21st May 2017, at the Great Hall, Sydney University, valued at $50 each, to the total value of $100.
- 7)Instructions on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions of the competition.
- 8)To enter the competition and be in the running to win the prize as detailed in point 6, entrants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- a.Receive the Fish Fine Records Newsletter on 5th May 2017.
- b.Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and in 15 words or less describe their favourite French item.
- c.The email must include the entrants name, surname and email address for the purpose of being included in the Sydney University Graduate Choir Newsletter Mailing List.
- 9)Prizes will be awarded in the following manner:
- a.On Tuesday 16th May all entries received via email will be collated and the most creative entry that complies with the eligibility criteria (refer point 8 above) will be deemed the winner.
- b.The Prize (2 adult tickets) will be available at the door prior to concert commencement on Sunday 21st May, at approximately 2.30pm.
- c.The winner will be contacted by email, and must acknowledge receipt of the email by return email, by 10am Australian Eastern Standard on Thursday, 18th May 2017. Should the winner not respond by this time, their prize will be forfeited, and a replacement winner will be chosen and contacted.
- d.In the event that a prize is to be offered to a replacement winner, the replacement winner will be contacted by email, and must acknowledge receipt of the email by return email, by 10am Australian Eastern Standard on Friday, 19th May 2017. Should the winner not respond by this time, their prize will be forfeited.
- 10)In the event that there are insufficient entries to award the prize, the surplus prize pool will be discarded.