Stunning young Australian soprano Nicole Car is one of the brightest stars in international opera. In September 2018 she will make her debut at New York's Metropolitan Opera opposite Vittorio Grigolo and Michael Fabiano, and November sees her debut at Bayerische Staatsoper.
This follows hard on the heels of a Helpmann Award-winning performance as Violetta in Opera Australia's production of Verdi's La traviata earlier in the year. Nicole's star status was confirmed by the huge success of her debut solo album, The Kiss, which reached #1 on the charts and was nominated for Best Classical Album at the 2016 ARIA Awards.
In April 2018, Nicole joined the ACO, one of Australia's most daring and exciting ensembles, for a series of unique live performances featuring arias sung by some of music's most iconic female characters – including Mozart's Dido and Verdi's Desdemona. The album also showcases the artistry of the orchestra, featuring Mozart's Symphony No. 27 as well as a gorgeous performance of Beethoven's Romance for Violin and Orchestra No . 2 from Satu Vänskä, the ACO's Principal Violin.
Heroines is a brilliant recording of these extraordinary concerts, capturing one of the world's most beautiful voices blending perfectly with one of the world's great orchestras.
"Here we present Nicole Car, a singer at the top of her game, to portray these heroines: courageous Queen Dido, wrathful Deidamia, the doomed Desdemona. These are characters who face the very depths of human expression – joy and hope, grief and despair – with resilience and strength. Do not underestimate these women; they are resolute in their conviction, and their voices demand to be heard" – Richard Tognetti
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
HANDEL Overture and Dances from Alcina
1. Ouverture: I. [Grave] Allegro
2. Ouverture: II. Musette: Un peu lentement
3. Ouverture: III. Menuet: Allegro
4. Dances: Gavotte
5. Dances: Sarabande: Adagio
6. Dances: Menuet
7. Dances: Gavotte
8. Dances: Tamburino
MOZART Symphony No. 27 in G major
9. I. Allegro
10. MOZART Basta, vincesti ... Ah non lasciarmi, no
11. BEETHOVEN Romance for Violin and Orchestra No. 2 in F major
12. BEETHOVEN Ah! perfido ... Per pietà, non dirmi addio
13. VERDI Ave Maria, plena di grazia from Otello
14. PUCCINI Crisantemi (Chrysanthemums)
15. VERDI Act III Prelude from La traviata
16. MOZART Misera, dove son! ... Ah! non son io che parlo